Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Sophie's 100 Wishes Quilt

Sophie's quilt was a true labor of love that took over 2 years to complete. My very talented and over-achieving neighbor, Terry, along with her quilting group, happily took on the task, and they delivered what was BEYOND my wildest dreams.


I told Terry she could put the quilt together how ever she felt led. As you can see, the quilt actually ended up with 2 distinct sides. The first side is a bird migration quilt pattern. The second side was inspired by a family who picked out a 'map of the world' fabric. Terry just couldn't bring herself to cut the fabric up, so she left it whole and incorporated the other fabrics as a broad border around it. Sophie in essence has 2 quilts in one!!

Thank you to everyone who contributed fabric and wishes to this wonderful keepsake.

On a side note....I just love how God weaves His plan into our lives, gives us a glimpse of His presence, and encouragement when we doubt if we are truly walking His path. This pattern was picked well before we were even considering adopting again, but now Sophie's quilt has a 'connection' to Charlotte. Charlotte's Chinese name means...."swallow, a bird that migrates south". Mere coincidence?? Looking too deep??? I don't think so.

“I will lead them in paths that they have not known: I will make darkness light before them, and crooked thing straight. These things will I do unto them, and not forsake them” (Isa. 42:16).

We will be collecting fabric squares for Charlotte....so stay tuned if you would like to contribute. The bar has been set pretty high with this quilt....but somehow I know, whatever is created out of love for dear Charlotte will be absolutely perfect.

God is good!

2 comments:

Carrie McKean said...

How beautiful!

megs @ whadusay said...

Hi Tami,
Thanks for your comment on my blog. I see we have a mutual friend in the Arnolds from your blog roll. Hope you get your TA soon, it would be fun to connect in China. :)

Blessings,
Megan